We are looking for a dynamic individual to work as a Senior Process Engineer who will play a critical role in the success of our project development efforts. The candidate will communicate with various levels of the organization to ensure targets are met and daily activities are managed properly.
- Identify projects to improve the overall profitability of operating units, and interface with teams to improve profitability and evaluate new opportunities.
- Conduct process scope development for capital projects (justifications, conceptual design, etc.) Review proposed capital work for technical feasibility and operability.
- Participate in/lead incident investigations to improve plant safety, eliminate environmental releases and operability.
- Work on process improvements or capital improvements that will increase production, reduce energy usage, optimize unit economics, reduce operating costs, and reduce by-products/off-spec production.
- Conduct process simulations and modeling of the operating areas.
- Provide technical support to Operation and Maintenance groups and assist in the resolution of unit process issues including selection of specific products (catalyst, inhibitors, etc.) for improved unit performance for capital project.
- Participate in Process Safety Management, including Hazard and Operability Studies (HAZOP), Pre-Startup Safety Reviews (PSSR), in the corporate Behavior Based Safety Program and additional programs as deemed appropriate.
- Provide support in development of unit operating procedures and standard operation conditions
- Participate in Six Sigma Process and serve as Green Belt for unit improvements
- Work collaboratively with team members with different backgrounds and perspectives.
- Participates in Environmental, Health, & Safety initiatives as set forth by the company. Participates in and completes company-required training programs.
- Advanced Degree in Chemical Engineering with >5 years industry experience
- Chemical Process Simulation, CFD experience (ASpen/HYSYS/Fluent/COMSOL)
- Excellent writing/verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Able to build relationships across all organizational lines.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools and sound engineering practices.
- Knowledge and experience with Aspen Plus or equivalent process simulating software